Monday, July 1, 2013

Full HD and 2GB RAM Phones

Hello guys,



It has been a long time since I last posted here so an update is due.. Finally finished my degree (am now officially a Computer Science graduate! Phewww). Am pretty happy for finally completing my degree but also sad as that means I will stop receiving allowance from my sponsor next month. That also means no more money to buy Chinese gadgets! :( Somebody please send me review samples to review! Being an independent and honest reviewer sucks as you would have to spend your own money to review stuffs..

Anyway, a lot has changed since I last posted an entry here. The latest buzz is on the high-resolution phones, quad core SOCs as well as having 2GB of RAM. Yes, my current Newman N2 is a quad core phone but its 'only' has a 720p screen and a meager 1GB of RAM. And lets face it, the kernel sucks and I think the limit as to which the custom ROMs can improve on this has been reached. Newman sucks! There, you have my words :)

So, what options are there now if you are in the market for a full HD phone and 2GB of RAM? Turns out, there's plenty of options for you!

1) UMI X2 

SOC: MTK6589 1.2GHz
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 32GB
Screen: 5.0" Full HD IPS Screen
Cameras: 13.0MP (Rear) and 2.0MP (Front)
Battery: 2500mAh
Typical Selling Price (without shipping): USD 300


2) iocean X7 Elite

SOC: MTK6589T 1.5GHz
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 32GB
Screen: 5.0" Full HD IPS Screen
Cameras: 13.0MP (Rear) and 3.0MP (Front)
Battery: 2000mAh
Typical Selling Price (without shipping): USD 300


3) HLD I9500

SOC: MTK6589T 1.5GHz
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 4GB
Screen: 5.0" Full HD IPS Screen
Cameras: 12.8MP (Rear) and 2.1MP (Front)
Battery: 2600mAh/3000mAh (depending on where you look)
Typical Selling Price (without shipping): USD 200


4) TCL Idol X
SOC: MTK6589T 1.5GHz
RAM: 2GB
ROM: 16GB
Screen: 5.0" Full HD IPS Screen
Cameras: 13.0MP (Rear) and 2.0MP (Front)
Battery: 2000mAh
Typical Selling Price (without shipping): USD 330

This is, of course, not a complete list but its all that I can find AND can be purchased NOW (which is precisely why Neo is not in the list) for a reasonable price. Personally, if I have unlimited money, I would have purchased an HTC One on a heartbeat! Seriously, that thing is a beautiful work of art. But if you give me 500 bucks to spend, I would probably spend it on the TCL above. The battery might not have the most capacity but I think TCL (which is really Alcatel, just a FYI) should have enough resources to actually optimize the firmware to make it competitive with the others.

Thank you for reading this far, and as a reward here's an exciting news; I have ordered the Galaxy S4 clone! Even more exciting is the fact I only paid about USD 150 for it! To be honest, on paper the specifications looked too good to be true. I guess we will just have to wait for a week for it to arrive. See you guys next week?

Regards,
YS.




No comments:

Post a Comment